Here at JAW we’re looking for a designer to work on a number of titles. Including VR projects, retro titles, and 3d Platforming titles.
We’re looking for someone with at least 3 years games industry experience. The person needs to have a passion for game creation and as such can explain all aspects of the design. This includes technical aspects, level design, world/level population and gameplay. The ideal candidate will also help create Game Design Documents that will be used by all project stake holders, be it internal development or our client.
You will be working on multiple platforms, such as PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, VR Platforms, Nintendo Switch and PC.
You will be responsible for:
- Owning small areas of the game world.
- Carry ideas from conception, through prototyping to detailed design and implementation.
- Ability to produce clear and effective design documentation for the team.
- Presenting your designs to the team for review and feedback.
You will have:
- Keen interest, understanding and knowledge in at least one area of design.
- Modelling capabilities with Maya (Or equivalent)
- Knowledge of one or more industry standard engines
- Friendly personality with an energetic and positive attitude towards development.
- Be able to listen to and take on board feedback.
- Shipped at least 1 game in a similar role
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar role