||As an Art Director for Just Add Water (JAW) you will oversee the quality and content of the games graphic design throughout their production. You must also ensure that the visual elements are credible and in line with each projects vision. You will need to have excellent skills in Graphic Design, CG Lighting, Visual Effects sensibilities, as well as collaborating, communicating and Art Directing the art team. You have a passion for details, excellence in your craft, and creating the full experience for the player.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Define the graphic style of the game based on the creative direction
- Communicate the quality and content expectations regarding the atmospheres, settings, characters, etc. to team members. By using effective visual references and documents that describe the artistic direction.
- Follow up on and validate the work of the art team to ensure that the elements produced are in line with the game’s vision and that quality objectives are met.
- Establish visual priorities and help in planning the work in collaboration with the Producer.
Required skills and expertise:
- Shipped at least one AAA title, or, ability to demonstrate AAA skillset.
- 5 years’ experience as an Art Director or an Assistant Artistic Director or equivalent.
- Drawing skills.
- Digital painting skills.
- A deep understanding of 3D lighting knowledge.
- Deep understanding of 3D Graphics.
- Excellent artistic judgment.
- Ability to give feedback in a positive and constructive manner.
- Ability to present your ideas, communicate the artistic direction to the art team.
- Excellent ability to collaborate with members of the art team, graphic design team and marketing team.
- Understanding of applications used in production…