We’ll it’s almost here! Next week Gravity Crash Portable for the PlayStation Portable is released via PSN. What started out as just a handheld version of the PS3 game, turned into more. We had more hurdles to overcome, like fitting in 3206 Japanese characters, re-designing the frontend, adding in new features and gameplay tweaks, the list goes on.
Here’s a list of the biggies!
- We’ve added a third ship. An anti-gravity ship. When playing, if you let go of the Analog Stick you will now no longer plunge to your doooooooom.
- We’ve increased the number of special weapon slots from 3 to 5.
- We’ve added a lot more weapon pickups throughout the levels.
- We’ve made the Primary Objectives more recognisable on the radar (BIG FLASHING DOTS).
- We used the old school concept of 3 lives then game over. It seems however that modern game players are not only unfamiliar with this concept, but also just don’t get it. So we’ve removed it. If you Game Over, you can start from where you left off.
- We’ve altered a bunch of the levels to take that extreme difficulty edge off of them.
- We completely re-wrote the “paint” aspect of the editor, to make it faster and cleverer in relation to holes.
- We’ve added a new game mode, “Survivor mode”, where you have an ever decreasing time limit, but an ever increasing difficulty level, in which to collect 10 gems.
- We’ve also unlocked the hidden game “Gold Grabber” which was only unlocked by completing the game on the PS3 version.
So to just make sure you know, it’s out on PSN only next week, the 20th in SCEA and the 21st in SCEE territories. Look out for more info on the various PlayStation Blogs over the next couple of days!